Monday, November 1, 2010

Mid term reflection

My mid term reflection has taken a lot of thought.  I figure that I have learned and gained more in this class than I have in many others.  To start with I have now learned more about how muscles go together and work than I ever thought I would, and the knowledge that I have gained in that process has greatly improved my figure drawings.  The other part that I think I have gained alot in is movement in the drawings.  As you can see in the unfinished long drawing at the top the figure is not completely there but the movement of the torso and the capture of the pose is what I really enjoy.  I have also enjoyed gaining the ability to slow down when I am drawing; I have always been the type of person that goes fast and works fast so it has been great to be able to slow myself down.  For the second half of the course I would enjoy learning and improving my gesture drawings making them cleaner.  I would also like to continue to slow myself down and continue to improve in that area.  I would like to improve my line quality and control of my line work.  I will also focus on learning more of the muscle groups and how they work.  I will be focusing more on my manikin because looking at my images I don't feel they are up to par.  As for the class itself I will have to spend more time on my blog as I have not been able to keep up with it.  I will hope not to get sick for the second half of the semester sense I have been sick enough already and attending this class is key in succeeding in it.  Other than that I have really enjoyed the life drawing one course I have learned alot and I feel my skills are improving, I hope that the second half will also be this enjoyable.  to view my work visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredweber/  to view my midterm portfolio.

6 comments:

  1. Just checked out your midportfolio and your work is looking very nice. I agree that I have learned a lot in this class because I did not have much knowledge of how to draw the human figure before this class. It will be interesting to compare our work from the very beginning of class to the end pieces. Can you believe we only have 3 weeks left? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up! You have had a rough semester and it is hard to concentrate (not to mention staying on top of everything!) when you have all that stuff going on! I can definitely see that your work in coming a long. There are still a couple of open drawings times available before the semester ends. I am going to take advantage of those because practice makes perfect, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're doing alright! we havent seen you in class for a couple weeks! your mid-term portfolio looks great, keep up the good work. I feel like you have a great understanding of human form and look forward to seeing more work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much energy your drawings have! They're so interesting to look at which is a good quality to portray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been missing you! I hope you are doing alright! Your work looks great. You can see the energy in your lines. Keep showing that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like all the movement and form in your drawings! They have a lot of different line variation and they're interesting :)

    ReplyDelete